[openstack-dev] [stable][networking-bgpvpn][infra] missing networking-odl repository / tox-siblings & tox_install.sh

thomas.morin at orange.com thomas.morin at orange.com
Thu Jun 7 09:09:15 UTC 2018

Hi Előd,

Thanks for looking into that.

because of a history of networking-odl changes breaking functional tests
in networking-bgvpn
(since networking-bgpvpn master declares networking-odl in
requirements.txt , the tox-siblings magic would prevent us from pinning
our networking-odl dep to a pypi release)
- the side effect, as you identified, is that this breaks stable/*
branches of networking-bgpvpn, which still use toos/tox_install.sh (and
can't stop doing so because in stable branches, the requirement checking
job still prevents the addition of networking-odl in requirements.txt)

I think that, if doable, it would be nice to avoid complexifying the
zuul job configuration to keep networking-odl.
If it can't be avoided then something like your change  [3] would be the
way, I guess.

Andreas, Monty, any guidance ?

-Thomas

[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/572495/