[openstack-dev] [neutron] Ports port_binding attribute is changing to an iterable

Miguel Lavalle miguel at mlavalle.com
Wed Jun 6 19:32:19 UTC 2018

Dear OpenStack Networking community of projects,

As part of the implementation of multiple port bindings in the Neutron
reference implementation (
https://specs.openstack.org/openstack/neutron-specs/specs/backlog/pike/portbinding_information_for_nova.html),
the port_binding relationship in the Port DB model is changing to be an
iterable:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/414251/66/neutron/plugins/ml2/models.py@64

and its name is being changed to port_bindings:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/571041/4/neutron/plugins/ml2/models.py@61

Corresponding changes are being made to the Port Oslo Versioned Object:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/414251/66/neutron/objects/ports.py@285
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/571041/4/neutron/objects/ports.py@285

I did my best to find usages of these attributes in the Neutron Stadium
projects and only found them in networking-odl:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/572212/2/networking_odl/ml2/mech_driver.py.
These are the other projects that I checked:

   - networking-midonet
   - networking-ovn
   - networking-bagpipe
   - networking-bgpvpn
   - neutron-dynamic-routing
   - neutron-fwaas
   - neutron-vpnaas
   - networking-sfc

I STRONGLY ENCOURAGE these projects teams to double check and see if you
might be affected. I also encourage projects in the broader OpenStack
Networking community of projects to check for possible impacts. We will be
holding these two patches until June 14th before merging them.

If you need help dealing with the change, please ping me in the Neutron
channel

Best regards

Miguel