[openstack-dev] [release] openstack-tox-validate: python setup.py check --restructuredtext --strict

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 07:36:45 UTC 2018

Hi the release team,

When I prepared neutron Rocky-2 deliverables, I noticed a new metadata
syntax check
which checks README.rst was introduced.

As of now, README.rst in networking-bagpipe and networking-ovn hit this [1].

Although they can be fixed in individual projects, what is the current
recommended solution?

In addition, unfortunately such checks are not run in project gate,
so there is no way to detect in advance.
I think we need a way to check this when a change is made
instead of detecting an error when a release patch is proposed.

Thanks,
Akihiro (amotoki)

[1]
http://logs.openstack.org/66/572666/1/check/openstack-tox-validate/b5dde2f/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-06-06_04_09_16_067790