[openstack-dev] [tc] Organizational diversity tag

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Jun 5 16:29:26 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Fox, Kevin M's message of 2018-06-05 16:09:24 +0000:
> That might not be a good idea. That may just push the problem underground as people are afraid to speak up publicly.
>
> Perhaps an anonymous poll kind of thing, so that it can be counted publicly but doesn't cause people to fear retaliation?

I have no idea how to judge the outcome of any sort of anonymous
poll.  And I really don't want my inbox to become one. :-)

We do our best to make governance decisions openly, based on the
information we have. But in more cases than I like we end up making
assumptions based on extrapolating from a small number of experiences
relayed privately. I don't want to base a review diversity policy
that may end up making it harder to accept contribution on assumptions.

Maybe if folks aren't comfortable talking publicly, they can talk
to their PTLs privately? Then we can get a sense of which teams
feel this sort of pressure, overall, instead of individuals.