[openstack-dev] [tc] Organizational diversity tag

Jean-Philippe Evrard jean-philippe at evrard.me
Tue Jun 5 07:36:25 UTC 2018

Sorry if I missed/repeat something already said in this thread...

When I am looking at diversity, I generally like to know: 1) what's
going on "right now", and 2) what happened in the cycle x.

I think these 2 are different problems to solve. And tags are, IMO,
best applied to the second case.

So if I focus on the second: What if we are only tagging once per
cycle, after the release?
(I am pushing the idea further than the quarter basically). It would
avoid flappiness (if that's a proper term?).
For me, a cycle has a clear meaning. And involvements can balance out
in a cycle.
This would be, IMO, good enough to promote/declare diversity after the
facts (and is an answer to the "what happened during the cycle").

Jean-Philippe Evrard (evrardjp)