[openstack-dev] [tc] Organizational diversity tag

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Mon Jun 4 10:06:49 UTC 2018

amrith.kumar at gmail.com wrote:
> [...]

That is what we did: get the thing we have right now to propose changes.
But we always had a quick human pass to check that what the script
proposed corresponded to a reality. Lately (with lower activity in a
number of teams), more and more automatically-proposed changes did not
match a reality anymore, to the point where a majority of the proposed
changes need to be dropped.

Example: a low-activity single-vendor project team suddenly loses the
tag because one person pushes a patch to fix zuul jobs and another
pushes a doc build fix.

Example 2: a team with 3 core reveiwers flaps between diverse
affiliation and single-vendor depending on who does the core reviewing
on its 3 patches per month.

Hence the suggestion to either improve our metrics to better support
low-activity teams, or switch to a more qualitative/prose report instead
of quantitative/tags.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)