[openstack-dev] Winterscale: a proposal regarding the project infrastructure

Joshua Hesketh joshua.hesketh at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 05:58:59 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 7:23 AM, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:

> Joshua Hesketh <joshua.hesketh at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > So the "winterscale infrastructure council"'s purview is quite limited in
> > scope to just govern the services provided?
> >
> > If so, would you foresee a need to maintain some kind of "Infrastructure
> > council" as it exists at the moment to be the technical design body?
>
> For the foreseeable future, I think the "winterscale infrastructure
> team" can probably handle that.  If it starts to sprawl again, we can
> make a new body.
>
> > Specifically, wouldn't we still want somewhere for the "winterscale
> > infrastructure team" to be represented and would that expand to any
> > infrastructure-related core teams?
>
> Can you elaborate on this?  I'm not following.

I think your first response answers this a little bit. That is, the
"winterscale infrastructure team" serves the purpose of technical design
(that is currently done by the "Infrastructure Council", so we've got some
change in terminology that will be initially confusing).

Currently though the "Infrastructure Council" includes "All members of any
infrastructure project core team" which would include people from say
git-review core. My question was how do we still include
infrastructure-related core members (such as git-review-core) in the new
world order?

Hope that makes more sense.

Cheers,
Josh