[openstack-dev] [mistral] Mistral Monthly June 2018

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Fri Jun 1 15:34:54 UTC 2018

Hey Mistralites!

Welcome to the second edition of Mistral Monthly.

# Summit

Brad Crochet done a great job giving the Mistral project update talk. Check
it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9qieruccO4

Also checkout the Congress update, they discuss their recent support for
Mistral. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YYcysVyLCo

# Releases

Fairly quiet this month. Just a few bugfix releases. One still in flight.

- Pike
  - Mistral 5.2.4 will be released soon: https://review.openstack.org/#
/c/568881/
- Queens
  - Mistral 6.0.3 https://docs.openstack.org/releasenotes/mistral/queens.
html

Rocky Milestone 2 will be released next week. So there will be more release
news next time.

# Notable changes and additions

- We now have Zun and Qinling OpenStack actions in master.
- Two significant performance improvements were made relating to workflow
environments and the deletion of objects.
- Mistral is now using stestr in all repos. For more details, see:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/519751/

# Milestones, Reviews, Bugs and Blueprints

- We have 105 open bugs (down from 109 last month).
  - Zero are untriaged
  - One is "critical" (but that is likely a lie as it has been critical and
ignored for some time)
- Rocky-2 still now has 58 bugs assigned to it (it was 44 last month!).
Only 13 are fixed released. Most of these will move to Rocky-3 next week.
- 4 blueprints are targeted at Rocky 2 (I have already bumped 4 that were
inactive). Two are implemented. The other two will likely slip to Rocky-3
- 29 commits were merged.
- There were 176 reviews in total, 126 of these from the core team.

That's all for this time. See you next month!

Dougal

P.S. The format of this newsletter is still somewhat fluid. Feedback would
be very welcome. What do you find interesting or useful? What is missing?