[openstack-dev] [tripleo] TripleO CI+Tempest Squad Planning Summary: Sprint 17

Matt Young myoung at redhat.com
Tue Jul 31 16:07:34 UTC 2018

>From the Halls of CI we greet thee!  HAIL!

# Overview

The CI and Tempest squads have recently completed the planning phase of
Sprint 17.  The Sprint runs from 26-July thru 15-Aug.  The sprint for both
squads is now in the initial design phase (first week) of the sprint.

The epic card and tasks for CI [1][2] and Tempest [3][4] squads are linked
below.

The Ruck and Rover for this sprint  are Gabriele Cerami (panda) and Rafael
Folco (rfolco).  Their notes and current status is tracked in the etherpad
for sprint 17 [5].

Please direct questions or queries to them regarding CI status or issues in
#tripleo, ideally to whomever has the ‘|ruck’ suffix on their nick.

# CI Squad

* The main topic is focused on continuing the migration to zuul v3,
including migrating from legacy bash to ansible tasks/playbooks
* Between planned PTO and training, the team is running at reduced capacity
this sprint.

# Tempest Squad

* clearing out technical debt related to python-tempestconf and
refstack-client integration.
* developing materials for a presentation on implementing a tempest plugin.
* splitting out the validate-tempest role [6] to a discrete repository.
* Due to planned PTO the squad is quite resource constrained this sprint.

More detail on our team and process can be found in the spec [7]

Thanks,

Matt

[1] https://trello.com/c/JikmHXSS/881-sprint-17-goals
[2]