[openstack-dev] [ptg] Post-lunch presentations in Denver

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Jul 31 14:28:57 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

At the last PTG in Dublin we introduced the concept of post-lunch
presentations -- a 30-min segment during the second half of the lunch
break during which we communicate and do Q&A on topics that are
generally interesting to a crowd of contributors.

In Dublin, you may remember we did a "Welcome to the PTG" session on
Monday, a Zuul v3 session on Tuesday and an OpenStackSDK session on
Wednesday. Due to the snow storm, we had to cancel the release
management presentation on Thursday and the lightning talks scheduled
for Friday.

We do not *have to* fill every available slot -- but if we find content
that is generally useful and can be consumed while people start their
digestion process, then we can use one of those slots for that.
Interesting topics include development tricks, code review etiquette,
new libraries features you should adopt, upgrade horror stories... The
content should generally fit within 20 min to leave room for Q&A.

If you have ideas, please fill:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PTG4-postlunch

In a few weeks the TC will review suggestions there and pick things that
fit the bill.

Cheers,

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)