[openstack-dev] [trove] Considering the transfter of the project leadership

赵超 zhaochao1984 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 01:26:59 UTC 2018

> Since the new folks are still so new - if this works for you - I would
> recommend continuing on as the official PTL for one more release, but with
> the
> understanding that you would just be around to answer questions and give
> advice
> to help the new team get up to speed. That should hopefully be a small time
> commitment for you while still easing that transition.
>
> Then hopefully by the T release it would not be an issue at all for someone
> else to step up as the new PTL. Or even if things progress well, you could
> step
> down as PTL at some point during the Stein cycle if someone is ready to
> take
> over for you.

Sean, thanks a lot for these helpful suggestions.  I thought about doing it
this way before writing this post, and this is also the reason I asked the
current active team members to nominate theselves.

However, it's sad that the other active team members seems also busy on
other thing. So I think it may be better Dariusz and his team could do more
than us on the project in the next cycle. I believe they're experience on
the project , and all other experiences about the whole OpenStack
environment could be more familiar in the daily pariticipation of the
project.

On the other hand, I can also understand the lack of time to be a PTL since
> it requires probably a lot of time to coordinate all the work.

Dariusz, no, the current team is really a small team, so in fact I didn't
need to do much coordination. The pain is that almost none of the current
active team member are not focusing Trove, so even thought all of us want
to do more progress in this cycle, we're not able to. This also the reason
all of us think it's great to have to team focusing on the project could
join.

So, we don't have much time on the PTL election now, Dariusz, would you
please discuss with your team who will do the nomination. And then we'll
see if everything could work. We could also try to merge one the
trove-tempest-plugin patches(https://review.openstack.org/#/c/580763/ could
be merged first before we get the CI could test all the cases in the repo,
sadlly currently we cannot the other patches as they're cannot be tested).

However that patch is submitted by Krzysztof, though is authored by
Dariusz. I don't know whether this could count as an identifiied commit
when applying PTL nomination.

And last, I want to repeat that, I'll still in the Trove delepoment for
quit a long time, so I will help the new PTL and new contributor on
everything I could.

Thanks again for everyone who help me a lot in the last cycle, especially
Fan Zhang, zhanggang, wangyao, song.jian and Manoj Kumar.

--
To be free as in freedom.