[openstack-dev] [tripleo] network isolation can't find files referred to on director

James Slagle james.slagle at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 16:41:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 4:58 AM, Samuel Monderer
<smonderer at vasonanetworks.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> I understand the network-environment.yaml will also be generated.
> What do you mean by rendered path? Will it be
> "usr/share/openstack-tripleo-heat-templates/network/ports/"?

Yes, the rendered path is the path that the jinja2 templating process creates.

> By the way I didn't find any other place in my templates where I refer to
> these files?
> What about custom nic configs is there also a jinja2 process to create them?

No. custom nic configs are by definition, custom to the environment
you are deploying. Only you know how to properly define what newtork
configurations needs applying.

Our sample nic configs are generated from jinja2 now. For example:
tripleo-heat-templates/network/config/single-nic-vlans/role.role.j2.yaml

If you wanted to follow that pattern such that your custom nic config
templates were generated, you could do that