[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 23 July 2018

Lance Bragstad lbragstad at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 15:27:14 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 23 July 2018

## News

This week wrapped up rocky-3, but the majority of the things working
through review are refactors that aren't necessarily susceptible to the
deadline.

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2IACk3F

We merged 32 changes this week, including the remaining patches for
implementing strict two-level hierarchical limits (server and client
support), Flask work, and a security fix.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2wv7QLK

There are 47 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no
negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

There are still a lot of patches that need attention, specifically the
work to start converting keystone APIs to consume Flask. These changes
should be transparent to end users, but if you have questions about the
approach or specific reviews, please come ask in #openstack-keystone.
Kristi also has a patch up to implement the mutable config goal for
keystone [0]. This work was dependent on Flask bits that merged earlier
this week, but based on a discussion with the TC we've already missed
the deadline [1]. Reviews here would still be appreciated because it
should help us merge the implementation early in Stein.

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585417/
[1] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/%23openstack-tc.2018-07-27.log.html#t2018-07-27T15:03:49

## Bugs

This week we opened 6 new bugs and fixed 2.

The highlight here is a security bug that was fixed and backported to
all supported releases [0].

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1779205

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

At this point we're past the third milestone, meaning requirements are
frozen and we're in a soft string freeze. Please be aware of those
things when reviewing patch sets. The next deadline for us is RC target
on August 10th.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the
etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter
Dashboard generated using gerrit-dash-creator
and https://gist.github.com/lbragstad/9b0477289177743d1ebfc276d1697b67