[openstack-dev] [nova] keypair quota usage info for user

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:37:38 UTC 2018

On Thu, 26 Jul 2018 09:19:38 -0600, Chris Friesen wrote:
> On 07/25/2018 06:21 PM, Alex Xu wrote:

>> <mailto:edmondsw at us.ibm.com>>:
>>

>>      Ghanshyam Mann <gmann at ghanshyammann.com <mailto:gmann at ghanshyammann.com>>
>>      wrote on 07/25/2018 05:44:46 AM:
>>      ... snip ...
>>      > 1. is it ok to show the keypair used info via API ? any original
>>      > rational not to do so or it was just like that from starting.
>>
>>      keypairs aren't tied to a tenant/project, so how could nova track/report a
>>      quota for them on a given tenant/project? Which is how the API is
>>      constructed... note the "tenant_id" in GET /os-quota-sets/{tenant_id}/detail
>>

>> Keypairs usage is only value for the API 'GET
>> /os-quota-sets/{tenant_id}/detail?user_id={user_id}'
>
> The objection is that keypairs are tied to the user, not the tenant, so it
> doesn't make sense to specify a tenant_id in the above query.
>
> And for Pike at least I think the above command does not actually show how many
> keypairs have been created by that user...it still shows zero.

Yes, for Pike during the re-architecting of quotas to count resources
instead of tracking usage separately, we kept the "always zero" count
for usage of keypairs, server group members, and security group rules,
so as not to change the behavior. It's been my understanding that we
would need a microversion to change any of those to actually return a
count. It's true the counts would not make sense under the 'tenant_id'
part of the URL though.

-melanie