[openstack-dev] [tc] Technical Committee update for week of 23 July

Mohammed Naser mnaser at vexxhost.com
Wed Jul 25 20:40:37 UTC 2018

This is the weekly summary of work being done by the Technical
Committee members. The full list of active items is managed in the
wiki: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Technical_Committee_Tracker

Doug (who usually sends these out!) is out so we've come up with
the idea of a vice-chair, which I'll be fulfilling.  More information
in the change listed below.

We also track TC objectives for the cycle using StoryBoard at:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/923

== Recent Activity ==

Project updates:

- Remove Stable branch maintenance as a project team
https://review.openstack.org/584206
- Add ansible-role-tripleo-cookiecutter to governance
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/581428/

Reference/charter changes:

- Clarify new project requirements for community engagement
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/567944/
- add vice chair role to the tc charter https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583947/
- designate Mohammed Naser as vice chair
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583948/

Other approved changes:

- ansible-role-tripleo-zaqar had a typo which was fixed up
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583636/
- added validation for repo names (because of the above!)
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583637/
- tooling improvements in this stack: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583953/

Office hour logs:

Due to (what) seems to be a lack of consumption of the office hours
logs, we're not longer logging
the start and end.  However, we welcome community feedback if this was
something that was consumed.

== Ongoing Discussions ==

Sean McGinnis (smcginnis) has proposed the pre-upgrade checks as the
Stein goal, the document is
currently being worked on with reviews already in, please chime in:

- https://review.openstack.org/#/c/585491/

== TC member actions/focus/discussions for the coming week(s) ==

It looks like it's been a quiet past few days.  However, there is a
lot of discussion around how
to properly decide to on-board an OpenStack project in a very specific
and clear process rather
than an arbitrary one at the moment.

We also should continue to discuss on subjects for the upcoming PTG:

- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tc-stein-ptg

== Contacting the TC ==

The Technical Committee uses a series of weekly "office hour" time
slots for synchronous communication. We hope that by having several
such times scheduled, we will have more opportunities to engage
with members of the community from different timezones.

Office hour times in #openstack-tc:

- 09:00 UTC on Tuesdays
- 01:00 UTC on Wednesdays
- 15:00 UTC on Thursdays

If you have something you would like the TC to discuss, you can add
it to our office hour conversation starter etherpad at:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/tc-office-hour-conversation-starters

Many of us also run IRC bouncers which stay in #openstack-tc most
of the time, so please do not feel that you need to wait for an
office hour time to pose a question or offer a suggestion. You can
use the string "tc-members" to alert the members to your question.

You will find channel logs with past conversations at
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-tc/

If you expect your topic to require significant discussion or to
need input from members of the community other than the TC, please
start a mailing list discussion on openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
and use the subject tag "[tc]" to bring it to the attention of TC
members.