[openstack-dev] [nova] API updates week 19-25

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jul 25 09:53:48 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Please find the Nova API highlights of this week.

Weekly Office Hour:
===============

What we discussed this week:
- Discussion on priority BP and remaining reviews on those.
- Discussed keypair quota usage bug.

Planned Features :
==============
Below are the API related features for Rocky cycle. Nova API Sub team will start reviewing those to give their regular feedback. If anythings missing there feel free to add those in etherpad- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking

1. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
- Spec Merged
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: I did not start this due to other work. This cannot make in Rocky and will plan for Stein early.

2. Abort live migration in queued state:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: COMPLETED

3. Complex anti-affinity policies:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/complex-anti-affinity-policies
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/complex-anti-affinity-policies+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: COMPLETED

4. Volume multiattach enhancements:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No progress.

5. API Extensions merge work
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-extensions-merge-rocky
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/api-extensions-merge-rocky
- Weekly Progress: part-1 of schema merge and part-2 of server_create merge has been merged for Rocky. 1 last patch of removing the placeholder method are on gate.
                                            part-3 of view builder merge cannot make it to Rocky (7 patch up for review + 5 more to push)< Postponed this work to Stein.

6. Handling a down cell
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/handling-down-cell
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/handling-down-cell+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: It is difficult to make it in Rocky? matt has open comment on patch about changing the service list along with server list in single microversion which make
                                           sense.

Bugs:
====
Discussed about keypair quota bug. Sent separate mailing list for more feedback[1]

This week Bug Progress:   https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-api-weekly-bug-report

Critical: 0->0
High importance: 3->2
By Status:
New: 0->0
Confirmed/Triage: 29-> 30
In-progress: 36->34
Incomplete: 4->4
=====
Total: 69->68

NOTE- There might be some bug which are not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132459.html

-gmann