[openstack-dev] [release][ptl] Deadlines this week

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Mon Jul 23 19:20:59 UTC 2018

Just a quick reminder that this week is a big one for deadlines.

This Thursday, July 26, is our scheduled deadline for feature freeze, soft
string freeze, client library freeze, and requirements freeze.

String freeze is necessary to give our i18n team a chance at translating error
strings. You are highly encouraged not to accept proposed changes containing
modifications in user-facing strings (with consideration for important bug
fixes of course). Such changes should be rejected by the review team and
postponed until the next series development opens (which should happen when
RC1 is published).

The other freezes are to allow library changes and other code churn to settle
down before we get to RC1. Import feature freeze exceptions should be requested
from the project's PTL for them to decide if the risk is low enough to allow
changes to still be accepted.

Requirements updates will need a feature freeze exception from the requirements
team. Those should be requested by sending a request to openstack-dev with the
subject line containing "[requirements][ffe]".

For more details, please refer to our published Rocky release schedule:

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

Thanks!
Sean