[openstack-dev] [StoryBoard] issues found while using storyboard

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Mon Jul 23 18:53:21 UTC 2018

Hi,

I'm on a team that is starting to use StoryBoard, and I just thought I'd raise
some issues I've recently run into.  It may be that I'm making assumptions based
on previous tools that I've used (Launchpad and Atlassian's Jira) and perhaps
StoryBoard is intended to be used differently, so if that's the case please let
me know.

1) There doesn't seem to be a formal way to search for newly-created stories
that have not yet been triaged.

2) There doesn't seem to be a way to find stories/tasks using arbitrary boolean
logic, for example something of the form "(A OR (B AND C)) AND NOT D".
Automatic worklists will only let you do "(A AND B) OR (C AND D) OR (E AND F)"
and story queries won't even let you do that.

3) I don't see a structured way to specify that a bug has been confirmed by
someone other than the reporter, or how many people have been impacted by it.

4) I can't find a way to add attachments to a story.  (Like a big log file, or a
proposed patch, or a screenshot.)

5) I don't see a way to search for stories that have not been assigned to someone.

6) This is more a convenience thing, but when looking at someone else's public
automatic worklist, there's no way to see what the query terms were that
generated the worklist.

Chris