[openstack-dev] [tc] [all] TC Report 18-26

Fox, Kevin M Kevin.Fox at pnnl.gov
Thu Jul 19 16:11:28 UTC 2018

The primary issue I think is that  the Nova folks think there is too much in Nova already.

So there are probably more features that can be done to make it more in line with vCenter, and more features to make it more functionally like AWS. And at this point, neither are probably easy to get in.

Until Nova changes this stance, they are kind of forcing an either or (or neither), as Nova's position in the OpenStack community currently drives decisions in most of the other OpenStack projects.

I'm not laying blame on anyone. They have a hard job to do and not enough people to do it. That forces less then ideal solutions.

Not really sure how to resolve this.

Deciding "we will support both" is a good first step, but there are other big problems like this that need solving before it can be more then words on a page.

Thanks,
Kevin