[openstack-dev] [nova] Bug 1781710 killing the check queue

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 00:11:11 UTC 2018

On 7/18/2018 5:58 PM, work at seanmooney.info wrote:
> general update.
> i spent some time this afternoon debuging matt's regression test
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/583339
> and it now works as intended with the addtion of disableing the late
> check on the compute node in the regression test to mimic devstack.

Sean, thank you again for figuring out the issue in the regression test,
that helps a ton in asserting the fix (and it also showed I was missing
a couple of things in the fix when I rebased on top of the test).

> matt has rebasedhttps://review.openstack.org/#/c/583347  ontop of
> the regression test and its currently in the ci queue.
> hopefully that will pass soon.
>
> while the chage is less then ideal it is backportable downstream if
> needed where as the wider change would not be easily so that is a
> plus in the short term.

We don't have to backport this fix, it was a regression introduced in
Rocky, so that's a good thing. But agree we can do more cleanups in
Stein if we want to change how we handle RequestSpec.num_instances so
it's not persisted and set per operation (or just not used at all in
scheduling since we don't really need it anymore).

Matt