[openstack-dev] [nova]API update week 12-18

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Jul 18 12:25:15 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Please find the Nova API highlights of this week.

Weekly Office Hour:
===============

What we discussed this week:
- Discussion on priority BP and remaining reviews on those.
- picked up 3 in-progress bug's patches and reviewed.

Planned Features :
==============
Below are the API related features for Rocky cycle. Nova API Sub team will start reviewing those to give their regular feedback. If anythings missing there feel free to add those in etherpad- https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking

1. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
- Spec Merged
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: I sent mail to author but no response yet.  I will push the code update during next week early.

2. Abort live migration in queued state:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: API patch is in gate to merge. nova client patch is remaining to mark this complete (Kevin mentioned he is working on that).

3. Complex anti-affinity policies:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/complex-anti-affinity-policies
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/complex-anti-affinity-policies+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: API patch is merged. nova client and 1 follow up patch is remaining.

4. Volume multiattach enhancements:
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: No progress.

5. API Extensions merge work
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/api-extensions-merge-rocky
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/api-extensions-merge-rocky
- Weekly Progress: I pushed patches for part-2 (server_create merge). I will work on pushing last part-3 max by early next week.

6. Handling a down cell
- https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/handling-down-cell
- https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/handling-down-cell+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
- Weekly Progress: Code is up and matt has reviewed few patches. API subteam will target this BP as other BP work are almost merged.

Bugs:
====
Did review on in-progress bugs's patches.

This week Bug Progress:
Critical: 0->0
High importance: 3->3
By Status:
New: 0->0
Confirmed/Triage: 31-> 29
In-progress: 36->36
Incomplete: 4->4
=====
Total: 70->69

NOTE- There might be some bug which are not tagged as 'api' or 'api-ref', those are not in above list. Tag such bugs so that we can keep our eyes.

Ref: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/nova-api-weekly-bug-report

-gmann