[openstack-dev] [oslo][all] Heads up for the new oslo.policy release

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Jul 17 18:25:40 UTC 2018

I just wanted to send a quick note about the recent oslo.policy release
which may impact some projects.  Some new functionality was added that
allows a context object to be passed in to the enforcer directly, but as
part of that we added a check that the type of the object passed in was
valid for use.  This caused an issue in Glance's unit tests because they
were mocking the context object and a Mock object didn't pass the type
check.  This was fixed in [1], but if any other projects have a similar
pattern in their unit tests it is possible it may affect them as well.

If you do run into any issues with this, please contact the Oslo team in
#openstack-oslo or with the [oslo] tag on the mailing list so we can
help resolve them.  Thanks.

-Ben

1: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/582995/