[openstack-dev] [i18n] Edge and Containers whitepapers ready for translation

Jimmy McArthur jimmy at openstack.org
Tue Jul 17 14:01:24 UTC 2018

Frank,

I'm sorry to hear about the displeasure around the Edge paper.  As
mentioned in a prior thread, the RST format that Akihiro worked did not
work with the  Zanata process that we have been using with our CMS.
Additionally, the existing EDGE page is a PDF, so we had to build a new
template to work with the new HTML whitepaper layout we created for the
Containers paper. I outlined this in the thread " [OpenStack-I18n]
[Edge-computing] [Openstack-sigs] Edge Computing Whitepaper Translation"
on 6/25/18 and mentioned we would be ready with the template around 7/13.

We completed the work on the new whitepaper template and then put out
the pot files on Zanata so we can get the po language files back. If
this process is too cumbersome for the translation team, I'm open to
discussion, but right now our entire translation process is based on the
official OpenStack Docs translation process outlined by the i18n team:
https://docs.openstack.org/i18n/latest/en_GB/tools.html

Again, I realize Akihiro put in some work on his own proposing the new
translation type. If the i18n team is moving to this format instead, we
can work on redoing our process.

Please let me know if I can clarify further.

Thanks,
Jimmy