[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Week of 9 July 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Jul 13 18:33:18 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Week of 9 July 2018

## News

### New Core Reviewer

We added a new core reviewer[1]: thanks to XiYuan for stepping up to take this responsibility and for all your hard work on keystone!

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132123.html

### Release Status

This week is our scheduled feature freeze week, but we did not have quite the tumult of activity we had at feature freeze last cycle. We're pushing the auth receipts work until after the token model refactor is finished[2], to avoid the receipts model having to carry extra technical debt. The fine-grained access control feature for application credentials is also going to need to be pushed to next cycle when more of us can dedicate time to helping with it it[3]. The base work for default roles was completed[4] but the auditing of the keystone API hasn't been completed yet and is partly dependent on the flask work, so it is going to continue on into next cycle[5]. The hierarchical limits work is pretty solid but we're (likely) going to let it slide into next week so that some of the interface details can be worked out[6].

[2] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2018-07-10.log.html#t2018-07-10T01:39:27
[3] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2018-07-13.log.html#t2018-07-13T14:19:08
[4] https://review.openstack.org/572243
[5] http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/irclogs/%23openstack-keystone/%23openstack-keystone.2018-07-13.log.html#t2018-07-13T14:02:03
[6] https://review.openstack.org/557696

### PTG Planning

We're starting to prepare topics for the next PTG in Denver[7] so please add topics to the planning etherpad[8].

[7] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132144.html
[8] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-stein-ptg

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://bit.ly/2IACk3F

We merged 20 changes this week, including several of the flask conversion patches.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://bit.ly/2wv7QLK

There are 62 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. The major efforts to focus on are the token model refactor[9], the flaskification work[10], and the hierarchical project limits work[11].

[9] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/is:open+topic:bug/1778945
[10] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/is:open+topic:bug/1776504
[11] https://review.openstack.org/#/q/is:open+topic:bp/strict-two-level-model

## Bugs

This week we opened 3 new bugs and closed 4.

Bugs opened (3)
Bug #1780532 (keystone:Undecided) opened by zheng yan https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1780532
Bug #1780896 (keystone:Undecided) opened by wangxiyuan https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1780896
Bug #1781536 (keystone:Undecided) opened by Pawan Gupta https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1781536

Bugs closed (0)

Bugs fixed (4)
Bug #1765193 (keystone:Medium) fixed by wangxiyuan https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1765193
Bug #1780159 (keystone:Medium) fixed by Sami Makki https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1780159
Bug #1780896 (keystone:Undecided) fixed by wangxiyuan https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1780896
Bug #1779172 (oslo.policy:Undecided) fixed by Lance Bragstad https://bugs.launchpad.net/oslo.policy/+bug/1779172

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

This week is our scheduled feature freeze. We are likely going to make an extension for the hierarchical project limits work, pending discussion on the mailing list.

Next week is the non-client final release date[12], so work happening in keystoneauth, keystonemiddleware, and our oslo libraries needs to be finished and reviewed prior to next Thursday so a release can be requested in time.

[12] https://review.openstack.org/572243

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter
Dashboard generated using gerrit-dash-creator and https://gist.github.com/lbragstad/9b0477289177743d1ebfc276d1697b67