[openstack-dev] [release][ptl] Release countdown for week R-6, July 16-20

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jul 12 17:20:14 UTC 2018

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams should be focused on implementing planned work. Work should be
wrapping up on non-client libraries to meet the lib deadline Thursday,
the 19th.

General Information
-------------------

We are now getting close to the end of the cycle. The non-client library
(typically any lib other than the "python-$PROJECTclient" deliverables)
deadline is 19 July, followed quickly the next Thursday with the final
client library release. Releases for critical fixes will be allowed
after this point, but we will be much more restrictive about what is
allowed if there are more lib release requests after this point. Please
keep this in mind.

When requesting these library releases, you should also include the
stable branching request with the review (as an example, see the
"branches" section here:
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/deliverables/pike/os-brick.yaml#n2)

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates