[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Rocky blueprints

Bogdan Dobrelya bdobreli at redhat.com
Thu Jul 12 15:05:40 UTC 2018

On 7/11/18 7:39 PM, Alex Schultz wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> As milestone 3 is quickly approaching, it's time to review the open
> blueprints[0] and their status.  It appears that we have made good
> progress on implementing significant functionality this cycle but we
> still have some open items.  Below is the list of blueprints that are
> still open so we'll want to see if they will make M3 and if not, we'd
> like to move them out to Stein and they won't make Rocky without an
> FFE.
>
> Currently not marked implemented but without any open patches (likely
> implemented):
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/major-upgrade-workflow
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-predictable-ctlplane-ips
>
> Currently open with pending patches (may need FFE):
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/config-download-ui
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/container-prepare-workflow
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/containerized-undercloud

This needs FFE please. The remaining work [0] is mostly cosmetic
(defaults switching) though it's somewhat blocked on CI infrastructure
readiness [1] for containerized undercloud and overcloud deployments.
The situation had been drastically improved by the recent changes
though, like longer container images caching, enabling ansible
pipelining, using shared local container registries for undercloud and
overcloud deployments and may be more I'm missing. There is also ongoing
work to mitigate the CI walltime [2].

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-July/132126.html
[1] https://trello.com/c/1yDVHmqm/115-switch-remaining-ci-jobs
[2]
https://trello.com/c/PpNtarue/126-ci-break-the-openstack-infra-3h-timeout-wall

> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/bluestore
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/gui-node-discovery-by-range
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/multiarch-support
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-routed-networks-templates
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/sriov-vfs-as-network-interface
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/custom-validations
>
> Currently open without work (should be moved to Stein):
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/automated-ui-testing
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/plan-from-git-in-gui
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/tripleo-ui-react-walkthrough
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/wrapping-workflow-for-node-operations
> - https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/ironic-overcloud-ci
>

> Please take some time to review this list and update it.  If you think
> you are close to finishing out the feature and would like to request
> an FFE please start getting that together with appropriate details and
> justifications for the FFE.
>
> Thanks,
> -Alex
>
> [0] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/rocky