[openstack-dev] Plan to switch the undercloud to be containerized by default

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 23:56:20 UTC 2018

This is an update on where things are regarding $topic, based on feedback
I've got from the work done recently:

1) Switch --use-heat to take a boolean and deprecate it

We still want to allow users to deploy non containerized underclouds, so we
made this patch so they can use --use-heat=False:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/581467/
Also https://review.openstack.org/#/c/581468 and
https://review.openstack.org/581180 as dependencies

2) Configure CI jobs for containerized undercloud, except scenario001, 002
for timeout reasons (and figure out this problem in a parallel effort)

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/575330
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/579755

3) Switch tripleoclient to deploy by default a containerized undercloud

https://review.openstack.org/576218

4) Improve performances in general so scenario001/002 doesn't timeout when
containerized undercloud is enabled

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/581183 is the patch that'll enable the
containerized undercloud
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/577889/ is a patch that enables pipelining
in ansible/quickstart, but more is about to come, I'll update the patches
tonight.

5) Cleanup quickstart to stop using use-heat except for fs003 (needed to
disable containers, and keep coverage for non containerized undercloud)

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/581534/

Reviews are welcome, we aim to merge this work by milestone 3, in less than
2 weeks from now.
Thanks!
--
Emilien Macchi