[openstack-dev] creating instance

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Tue Jul 10 15:03:19 UTC 2018

On 07/10/2018 03:04 AM, jayshankar nair wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I  am trying to create an instance of cirros os(Project/Compute/Instances). I am
> getting the following error.
>
> Error: Failed to perform requested operation on instance "cirros1", the instance
> has an error status: Please try again later [Error: Build of instance
> 5de65e6d-fca6-4e78-a688-ead942e8ed2a aborted: The server has either erred or is
> incapable of performing the requested operation. (HTTP 500) (Request-ID:
> req-91535564-4caf-4975-8eff-7bca515d414e)].
>
> How to debug the error.

You'll want to look at the logs for the individual service.  Since you were
trying to create a server instance, you probably want to start with the logs for
the "nova-api" service to see if there are any failure messages.  You can then
check the logs for "nova-scheduler", "nova-conductor", and "nova-compute".
There should be something useful in one of those.

Chris