[openstack-dev] [nova]Notification update week 28

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Mon Jul 9 10:38:07 UTC 2018

Hi,

Here is the latest notification subteam update.

Bugs
----
[Medium] Server operations fail to complete with versioned
notifications if payload contains unset non-nullable fields
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1739325
Matt figured out the reason of the failure. Fix merged on master,
backports are in progress.

[Low] Notification sending sometimes hits the keystone API to get
glance endpoints https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1757407
Finally I have updated the fix and Eric is now +2 so we only need a
second core for https://review.openstack.org/#/c/564528/

Features
--------

Add the user id and project id of the user initiated the instance
action to the notification
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/add-action-initiator-to-instance-action-notifications
The implementation has been merged and the bp is closed. \o/

Versioned notification transformation
-------------------------------------
There are couple of patches updated recently so there are things to
review on:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/versioned-notification-transformation-rocky

Weekly meeting
The next meeting is planned to be held on 10th of June on
#openstack-meeting-4
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180710T170000

Cheers,
gibi