[openstack-dev] [nova]API update week 28-4

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 21:46:44 UTC 2018

Thanks for sending out this update, it's useful for me when I'm not
attending the office hours.

On 7/4/2018 6:10 AM, Ghanshyam Mann wrote:
> 1. Servers Ips non-unique network names :
>       -https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names
>       - Spec Update need another +2 -https://review.openstack.org/#/c/558125/
>       -https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/servers-ips-non-unique-network-names+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>       - Weekly Progress: On Hold. Waiting for spec update to merge first.

I've poked dansmith to approve this. However, the author (or someone)
should start working on the code changes since it's a pretty
straight-forward change and we don't have much time left in the cycle
for this.

> 2. Abort live migration in queued state:
>      -https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status
>      -https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/abort-live-migration-in-queued-status+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>      - Weekly Progress: Code is up for review. No Review last week.

This is in the runways queue so it should be coming up in the next slot.

> 3. Complex anti-affinity policies:
>      -https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/complex-anti-affinity-policies
>      -https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/complex-anti-affinity-policies+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>      - Weekly Progress: Code is up for review. Few reviews done .

This is currently in a runways slot and has had quite a bit of review
this week. It's not going to be done this week but hopefully we can get
it all merged next week (there aren't any major issues that I foresee at
this point after having gone through the full series yesterday).

> 4. Volume multiattach enhancements:
>      -https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/volume-multiattach-enhancements
>      -https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:bp/volume-multiattach-enhancements+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
>      - Weekly Progress: Waiting to hear from mriedem about his WIP on base patch -https://review.openstack.org/#/c/569649/3

Yeah this is on my TODO list. I was waiting for the spec to merge before
starting in on the API changes, and have just been busy with other
stuff. I'll try to get the API changes done next week.

Matt