[openstack-dev] [puppet][tripleo] Why is this acceptance test failing?

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at redhat.com
Thu Jul 5 02:52:22 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jul 04, 2018 at 07:51:20PM -0600, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> The actual problem is that the manifest isn't idempotent anymore:
> http://logs.openstack.org/47/575147/16/check/puppet-openstack-beaker-centos-7/3f70cc9/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-07-04_00_42_19_705516

Hey Emilien, thanks for taking a look. I'm not following -- or maybe
I'm just misreading the failure message.  It really looks to me as if
the failure is caused by a regular expression; it says:

  Failure/Error:
    apply_manifest(pp, :catch_changes => true) do |result|
      expect(result.stderr)
        .to include_regexp([/Puppet::Type::Keystone_tenant::ProviderOpenstack: Support for a resource without the domain.*using 'Default'.*default domain id is '/])
    end

And yet, the regular expression in that check clearly matches the
output shown in the failure message. What do you see that points at an
actual idempotency issue?

(I wouldn't be at all surprised to find an actual problem in this
change; I've fixed several already.  I'm just not sure how to turn
this failure into actionable information.)

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at redhat.com> | larsks @ {irc,twitter,github}
http://blog.oddbit.com/                |