[openstack-dev] [release][masakari] Need help on masakari deliverables

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Wed Jan 31 15:30:58 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 01, 2018 at 12:19:16AM +0900, Sam P wrote:
> Hi release team,
>
>  I did not realize at the time however, I noticed that masakari does not
> have any
>  of it deliverables are set for Queens in [1]. Which is my fault and really
> sorry for that.
>
> We currently have 3 deliverables,
> masakari:
>     repos:
>         - openstack/masakari
> masakari-monitors:
>       repos:
>         - openstack/masakari-monitors
> python-masakariclient:
>       repos:
>         - openstack/python-masakariclient
>
>  I would like to propose those patches to openstack/releases.
>  "Now" is a bad timing for that?
>  Your advice is greatly appreciated.
>
> [1]
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/releases/tree/deliverables/queens
>
> --- Regards,
> Sampath

Hi Sampath,

Since these have missed all milestones for this cycle, we do not want to add it
now. Especially as we are past all freeze dates.

I think at this point the best option is to release this as independent (under
the deliverables/_independent directory in the openstack/releases repo) and we
can get it on the normal cycle-with-milestones or cycle-with-intermediary
sequence in Rocky.

Make sense?

Any questions, feel free to drop in #openstack-release. Or we can continue here
of course.

Thanks,
Sean