[openstack-dev] [all][Kingbird]Multi-Region Orchestrator

Goutham Pratapa pratapagoutham at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 06:49:40 UTC 2018

*Kingbird (The Multi Region orchestrator):*

We are proud to announce kingbird is not only a centralized quota and
resource-manager but also a  Multi-region Orchestrator.

*Use-cases covered:*- Admin can synchronize and periodically balance quotas
across regions and can have a global view of quotas of all the tenants
across regions.
- A user can sync a resource or a group of resources from one region to
other in a single go
 A user can sync multiple key-pairs, images, and flavors from one region to
other, ( Flavor can be synced only by admin)

- A user must have complete tempest test-coverage for all the
scenarios/services rendered by kingbird.

- Horizon plugin so that user can access/view global limits.

* Our Road-map:*

-- Automation scripts for kingbird in
    -ansible,
    -salt
    -puppet.
-- Add SSL support to kingbird
-- Resource management in Kingbird-dashboard.
-- Kingbird in a docker
-- Add Kingbird into Kolla.

We are looking out for* contributors and ideas* which can enhance Kingbird
and make kingbird a one-stop solution for all multi-region problems

*Stable Branches :*

*Kingbird-server: https://github.com/openstack/kingbird/tree/stable/queens
<https://github.com/openstack/kingbird/tree/stable/queens>*

*Python-Kingbird-client (0.2.1):
https://github.com/openstack/python-kingbirdclient/tree/0.2.1
<https://github.com/openstack/python-kingbirdclient/tree/0.2.1>*

I would like to Thank all the people who have helped us in achieving this
milestone and guided us all throughout this Journey :)

Thanks
Goutham Pratapa
PTL
OpenStack-Kingbird.