[openstack-dev] [requirement][cyborg]FFE - pyspdk requirement dependency

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Tue Jan 30 15:50:54 UTC 2018

On 18-01-30 11:58:17, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> We We wrote:
> > The pyspdk is a important tool library [1] which  supports Cyborg SPDK
> > driver [2] to manage the backend SPDK-base app, so we need to upload
> > pyspdk into the pypi [3]  and then append 'pyspdk>=0.0.1’ item into
> > ‘OpenStack/Cyborg/requirements.txt’ , so that  SPDK driver can be built
> > correctly when zuul runs. However, It's not what we thought it would be,
> > if we want to  add the new requirements, we should get support from
> > upstream OpenStack/requirements [4] to append 'pyspdk>=0.0.1’ item.
>
> Before we talk FFE, pyspdk looks a bit far away from being something
> OpenStack code can depend on. In particular:
>
> - it's not clearly licensed under a supported license (no LICENSE file
> in the source code)
> - Missing metadata entries in setup.cfg means we are missing a lot of
> context information about this library
>
> Those need to be fixed before we can even consider adding this library
> to global requirements...

I agree.  Also, there's no mention of python3 or testing in the repo.
The licence looks like gplv3, which is fine for non-openstack code.
There's also no commit since the initial commit.

Unless I'm looking at the wrong repo, I'm going to say no to this FFE.
https://github.com/lschw/pyspdf

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)