[openstack-dev] [nova]Nova rescue inject pasword failed

李杰 lijie at unitedstack.com
Tue Jan 30 02:54:05 UTC 2018

Thank you,Mathieu.Do you know how to use metadata RESTful service to inject password?

From: "Mathieu Gagné";
Date: 2018年1月30日(星期二) 凌晨3:05
To: "OpenStack Developmen";
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [nova]Nova rescue inject pasword failed

On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 4:57 AM, Matthew Booth <mbooth at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 29 January 2018 at 09:27, 李杰 <lijie at unitedstack.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,all:
>>           I want to access to my instance under rescue state using
>> temporary password which nova rescue gave me.But this password doesn't work.
>> Can I ask how this password is injected to instance? I can't find any
>> specification how is it done.I saw the code about rescue,But it displays the
>> password has inject.
>>           I use the libvirt as the virt driver. The web said to
>> set"[libvirt]inject_password=true",but it didn't work. Is it a bug?Can you
>> give me some advice?Help in troubleshooting this issue will be appreciated.
>

> Ideally your rescue image will support cloud-init and you would use a config
> disk.
>
> But to reiterate, ideally your rescue image would support cloud-init and you
> would use a config disk.
>
> Matt
> --
> Matthew Booth
> Red Hat OpenStack Engineer, Compute DFG

Just so you know, cloud-init does not read/support the admin_pass
injected in the config-drive:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/cloud-init/+bug/1236883

Known bug for years and no fix has been approved yet for various
non-technical reasons.

--
Mathieu