[openstack-dev] [horizon][packaging] django-openstack-auth retirement

Akihiro Motoki amotoki at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 15:10:07 UTC 2018

> On 2018-01-24 08:47:30 -0600 (-0600), Monty Taylor wrote:
> [...]
>> Horizon and neutron were updated to start publishing to PyPI
>> already.
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531822/
>>
>> This is so that we can start working on unwinding the neutron and
>> horizon specific versions of jobs for neutron and horizon plugins.
>
> Nice! I somehow missed that merging a couple of weeks back. In that
> case, I suppose we could in theory do one final transitional package
> upload of DOA depending on the conflicting Horizon release if others
> think that's a good idea.

Thanks for clarification.
Then, does it make sense to release django-openstack-auth 4.0.0 and
require it in horizon queens?
Note that the current latest version is 3.5.0 and older horizon
dependency is django-openstack-auth>=3.5.0.
Luckily enough, the requirement freeze is extended one week.

--
Akihiro Motoki