[openstack-dev] [tripleo] CI'ing ceph-ansible against TripleO scenarios

Giulio Fidente gfidente at redhat.com
Fri Jan 26 12:29:31 UTC 2018

On 01/26/2018 01:49 AM, Paul Belanger wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 04:22:56PM -0800, Emilien Macchi wrote:
>> Is there any plans to run TripleO CI jobs in ceph-ansible?
>> I know the project is on github but thanks to zuulv3 we can now easily
>> configure ceph-ansible to run Ci jobs in OpenStack Infra.
>>
>> It would be really great to investigate that in the near future so we avoid
>> eventual regressions.
>> Sebastien, Giulio, John, thoughts?
>> --
>> Emilien Macchi
>
> Just a note, we haven't actually agree to enable CI for github projects just
> yet.  While it is something zuul can do now, I believe we still need to decide
> when / how to enable it.
>
> We are doing some initial testing with ansible/ansible however.

but we like being on the front line! :D

we discussed this same topic with Sebastien and John a few weeks back
and agreed on having some gate job for ceph-ansible CI'ing against TripleO!

how do we start? I think the candidate branch on ceph-ansible to gate is
"beta-3.1" but there will be more ... I am just not sure we're stable
enough to gate master yet ... but we might do it non-voting, it's up for
debate

on TripleO side we'd be looking at running scenarios 001 and 004 ...
maybe initially 004 only is good enough as it covers (at least for ceph)
most of what is in 001 as well

can we continue on IRC? :D

and thanks Emilien and Paul for starting the thread and helping
--
Giulio Fidente
GPG KEY: 08D733BA