[openstack-dev] [horizon][packaging] django-openstack-auth retirement

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Jan 24 14:25:26 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-23 23:19:59 +0900 (+0900), Akihiro Motoki wrote:
[...]
> Horizon usually does not publish its releases to PyPI, so I think what
> we can do is to document it.
>
> P.S.
> The only exceptions on PyPI horizon are 12.0.2 and 2012.2 releases.
> 12.0.2 was released last week but I don't know why it is available at
> PyPI. In deliverables/pike/horizon.yaml in the openstack/releases
> repo, we don't have "include-pypi-link: yes".
[...]

Right, my "if we were already" was a reference to the work under
discussion to eventually get all OpenStack services publishing
wheels and sdists on PyPI. There are still some logistical issues to
be ironed out (e.g., the fact that we don't control the "keystone"
entry there) so I doubt it'll happen before Queens releases but we
might have it going sometime in the Rocky cycle. I was mostly just
lamenting that it's not something we can take advantage of for the
current DOA/Horizon transition.
--
Jeremy Stanley