[openstack-dev] [tripleo] FFE nfs_ganesha integration

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Tue Jan 23 19:48:00 UTC 2018

I agree this would be a great addition but I'm worried about the
patches which right now don't pass the check pipeline.
Also I don't see any release notes explaining the changes to our users
and it's supposed to improve user experience...

Please add release notes, make CI passing and we'll probably grant it for FFE.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 8:34 AM, Giulio Fidente <gfidente at redhat.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> I would like to request an FFE for the integration of nfs_ganesha, which
> will provide a better user experience to manila users
>
> This work was slown down by a few factors:
>
> - it depended on the migration of tripleo to the newer Ceph version
> (luminous), which happened during the queens cycle
>
> - it depended on some additional functionalities to be implemented in
> ceph-ansible which were only recently been made available to tripleo/ci
>
> - it proposes the addition of on an additional (and optional) network
> (storagenfs) so that guests don't need connectivity to the ceph frontend
> network to be able to use the cephfs shares
>
> The submissions are on review and partially testable in CI [1]. If accepted,
> I'd like to reassign the blueprint [2] back to the queens cycle, as it was
> initially.
>
> Thanks
>
> 1. https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:bp/nfs-ganesha
> 2. https://blueprints.launchpad.net/tripleo/+spec/nfs-ganesha