[openstack-dev] [neutron][l3][flavors][floatingip]

Bhatia, Manjeet S manjeet.s.bhatia at intel.com
Tue Jan 23 02:09:10 UTC 2018

Hi Neutrinos,

I am working on L3 flavors driver implementation for ODL backend, In l3 Flavor's driver there is need to fetch flavors id on floatingip operations,
So that if floatingip is not for association with router of that flavor, driver can ignore the operation and return, but I noticed there's router_id
None In floatingip payload sent to driver in networking-odl by neutron.

What I did was

1.       Create an router of xyz flavor.

2.       Added public-subnet interface to that router.

3.       Created floatingip on that public network.

I see None router_id being sent in payload [a]. for floatingip operation. I am not sure if this is intended, I think it is a bug otherwise I don't see
Other way of discarding floating ip operation by l3 flavors driver if it is not gonna be associated with router of that flavor.

[a]. http://paste.openstack.org/show/646543/

Thanks and Regards !
Manjeet Singh Bhatia