[openstack-dev] [nova] Local disk serial numbers series for reviewers: update 9th Jan

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Fri Jan 19 18:11:05 UTC 2018

On 9 January 2018 at 15:28, Matthew Booth <mbooth at redhat.com> wrote:

> In summary, the patch series is here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+project:opensta
> ck/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/local-disk-serial-numbers
>
> The bottom 3 patches, which add BDM.uuid have landed. The next 3 currently
> have a single +2. Since I last posted I have found and fixed a problem in
> swap_volume, which added 2 more patches to the series. There are currently
> 13 outstanding patches in the series.
>
> The following 6 patches are the 'crux' patches. The others in the series
> are related fixes/cleanups (mostly renaming things and fixing tests) which
> I've moved into separate patches to reduce noise.
>
> Add DriverLocalImageBlockDevice:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526347/6

This now has a +2!

Add local_root to block_device_info:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/529029/6
>
> Pass DriverBlockDevice to driver.attach_volume
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/528363/
>
> Expose volume host type and path independent of libvirt config
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/530786/
>
> Don't generate fake disk_info in swap_volume
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/530787/
>
> Local disk serial numbers for the libvirt driver
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/529380/

These remain the crux patches.

Some of the simpler cleanup patches have also attracted +2s. As I've had to
rebase the series due to merge conflicts a couple of times, I've moved
these to the bottom so they can potentially go straight in. Cleanup patches
with a single +2 already:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531179/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/526346/
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/528362/