[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.log] JSON logs are missing the request ID

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Thu Jan 18 16:45:28 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Saverio Proto's message of 2018-01-18 14:49:21 +0100:
> Hello all,
>
> well this oslo.log library looks like a core thing that is used by
> multiple projects. I feel scared hearing that bugs opened on that
> project are probably just ignored.
>
> should I reach out to the current PTL of OSLO ?
> https://github.com/openstack/governance/blob/master/reference/projects.yaml#L2580
>
> ChangBo Guo are you reading this thread ? Do you think this is a bug or
> a missing feature ? And moreover is really nobody looking at these
> oslo.log bugs ?

The Oslo team is small, but we do pay attention to bug reports. I
don't think this issue is going to rise to the level of "drop what
you're doing and help because the world is on fire", so I think
Sean is just encouraging you to have a little patience.

Please do go ahead and open a bug and attach (or paste into the
description) an example of what the log output for your service looks
like.

Doug