[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
ed at leafe.com
Thu Jan 18 16:31:17 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
A very quiet meeting today , which you would expect with the absence of cdent and elmiko. The main discussion was about the guideline on exposing microversions in SDKs  by dtantsur. The focus of the discussion was about how to handle the distinction between what he calls a "low-level SDK" (such as novaclient, ironicclient, etc.), and a "high-level SDK" (such as Shade, jclouds, or OpenStack.NET). We agreed to continue the discussion next week when we can have additional points of view available to come up with more clarity.
Oh, and we merged the improvement to the guideline on pagination. Thanks, mordred!
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
* Expand note about rfc5988 link header
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
None this week.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Add guideline on exposing microversions in SDKs
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
* WIP: Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
-- Ed Leafe
More information about the OpenStack-dev