[openstack-dev] [nova] heads up to users of Aggregate[Core|Ram|Disk]Filter: behavior change in >= Ocata

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Wed Jan 17 02:46:51 UTC 2018

On Jan 16, 2018, at 7:21 PM, Zhenyu Zheng <zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, so it seems we are not going to implement aggregate overcommit ratio in placement at least in the near future?

I would go so far as to say that we are not going to implement aggregate overcommit ratio in placement at all. Placement has the concept of a Resource Provider as its base unit, and aggregates really don't fit in this model at all.

If you need that sort of grouping, perhaps a tool that would assign a single ratio to all the members of an aggregate would be a good way to convert to the new paradigm.

-- Ed Leafe