[openstack-dev] [tripleo] storyboard evaluation

Ben Nemec openstack at nemebean.com
Tue Jan 16 15:51:05 UTC 2018

On 01/16/2018 08:55 AM, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> Alex and I spent a bit of time to look at Storyboard, as it seems that
> some OpenStack projects are migrating from Launchpad to Storyboard.
> I created a dev instance of storyboard and imported all bugs from
> TripleO so we could have a look at how it would be if we were using
> the tool:
>
> http://storyboard.macchi.pro:9000/
>
> So far, I liked:
>
> - the import went just... fine. Really good work! Title, status,
> descriptions, tags, comments were successfully imported.
> - the simplicity of bug status which is more clear than Launchpad:
> Active, Merged, Invalid.
> - the UI is really good and it works fine on mobile.
> - if we manage to make the migration good, each TripleO squad would
> have their own backlogs and owns boards / worklists / ways to manage
> todos.
>
> What we need to investigate:
> - how do we deal milestones in stories and also how can we have a
> dashboard with an overview per milestone (useful for PTL + TripleO
> release managers).
> - how to update old Launchpad bugs with the new link in storyboard
> (probably by hacking the migration script during the import).
> - how do we want the import to be like:
>    * all bugs into a single project?
>    * closing launchpad/tripleo/bugs access? if so we loose web search
> on popular bugs
> - (more a todo) update the elastic-recheck bugs
> - investigate our TripleO Alerts (probably will have to use Storyboard
> API instead of Launchpad).

We discussed this in the last Designate meeting too, and it was noted
that there are some stories tracking the migration blocking issues:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/search?tags=blocking-storyboard-migration

It might be good to add stories for any of these issues that aren't
already covered.