[openstack-dev] [kuryr][os-vif][nova] os-vif 1.8.0 breaks kuryr-kubernetes

mdulko at redhat.com mdulko at redhat.com
Mon Jan 15 16:45:46 UTC 2018

Hi,

os-vif commit [1] introduced a non-backward compatible change to the
Subnet object - removal of ips field. Turns out kuryr-kubernetes were
depending on that e.g. here [1] and we're now broken with os-vif 1.8.0.

kuryr-kubernetes is saving the VIF objects into the K8s resources
annotations, so to keep backwards compatibility we need
VIFBase.obj_make_compatible able to backport the data back into the
Subnet object. Or be able to load the older data to the newer object.
Anyone have an advice how we should proceed with that issue?

It would also be nice to setup a kuryr-kubernetes gate on the os-vif
repo. If there are no objections to that I'd volunteer to submit a
commit that adds it.

Thanks,
Michal

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/508498