[openstack-dev] [pbr] support v_version

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Mon Jan 15 14:40:14 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-09 10:25:56 +0100 (+0100), Gaetan wrote:
> I have submitted this patch ([1]) that add support for v_version
> in PBR. Basically I can tag v1.0.0 instead of 1.0.0 to release
> 1.0.0.
[...]

Looks like the patch you linked has since merged. Any issues with it
so far?

> Second point, to go to the end of the logic of my change, I would
> like to propose an optional way (in setup.cfg?) to **prevent** any
> tag without the 'v' prefix, ie, where a bare version tag like
> `1.0.0` is not to be considered as a valid version.
[...]

I'm not heavily involved in PBR maintenance so my ideas may be
terrible, but have you considered just making it possible to set a
version pattern option in setup.cfg so that this sort of filtering
is more easily generalized?
--
Jeremy Stanley