[openstack-dev] [storyboard] need help figuring out how to use auth with storyboard client

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Fri Jan 12 21:26:47 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jan 12, 2018, at 12:57 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> The storyboard client docs mention an "access token" [1] as something
> a client needs in order to create stories and make other sorts of
> changes.  They don't explain what that token is or how to get one,
> though.
>
> Where do I get a token? How long does the token work? Can I safely
> put a token in a configuration file, or do I need to get a new one
> each time I want to do something with the client?
>
> Doug
>
> [1] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/python-storyboardclient/usage.html

The storyboard api docs [2] point to this location under your userprofile [3], though it seems to not be directly linked to in the storyboard UI. And there are docs for managing subsequent user tokens further down in the api docs [4].

I've not used any of this so unsure how accurate it is, but hope this is enough to get you going with storyboardclient.

[2] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/webapi/v1.html#api
[3] https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/profile/tokens
[4] https://docs.openstack.org/infra/storyboard/webapi/v1.html#user-tokens

Clark