[openstack-dev] [kolla] Re: About maridb 10.1 on kolla

Jeffrey Zhang zhang.lei.fly at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 08:18:40 UTC 2018

After using RDO mariadb, i found galera is fallback from galera-25.3.20
to 25.3.16.

I am not sure what's the exact difference between these two version. But
what i found is:

> ‘SAFE TO BOOTSTRAP’ PROTECTION [1]
> Starting with provider version 3.19, Galera has an additional protection
> against attempting to boostrap the cluster using a node that may not
> have been the last node remaining in the cluster prior to cluster
shutdown.

So the question is: it is safe to fallback galera version?

[1]
http://galeracluster.com/documentation-webpages/restartingcluster.html#safe-to-bootstrap-protection

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz <
marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org> wrote:

> W dniu 29.12.2017 o 07:58, Jeffrey Zhang pisze:
> > recently, a series patches about mariadb is pushed. Current issue is
> >
> > - using different mariadb binary from different repo ( from percona,
> > Mariadb official, linux distro )
> > - using different version number of mariadb ( 10.0 and 10.1 )
> >
> > To make life easier, some patches are pushed to unify all of these. Here
> > is my thought about this
> >
> > - try to bump to 10.1, which is released long time ago
> > - use mariadb binary provided by linux disto as much as possible
> >
> > So here is plan
> >
> > - trying to upgrade to mariadb 10.1 [0][1]
> > - use mariadb 10.1 provided by RDO on redhat family distro [2]
> > - use mariadb 10.0 provided by UCA on ubuntu
> >   - it is told that, it not work as excepted [3]
> >   - if this does not work. we can upgrade to mariadb 10.1 provides by
> >     mariadb official on ubuntu.
> > - use mariadb 10.1 provided by os repo on Debian.
>
> How we are with testing/merging?
>
> For Debian to be deployable we need 529199 in images as rest of changes
> are kolla-ansible and can be cherry-picked before deployment.
>

> > [0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/529505/ - fix kolla-ansible for
> > mariadb 10.1
>
> merged
>
> > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/529199/ - Fix MariaDB bootstrap