[openstack-dev] [infra][requirements][cinder] Handling requirements for driverfixes branches

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Jan 8 19:10:42 UTC 2018

Excerpts from Eric Harney's message of 2018-01-08 14:05:35 -0500:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to sort out how to run unit tests on Cinder driverfixes branches.
>
> These branches are similar to stable branches, but live longer (and have
> a different set of rules for what changes are appropriate).
>
> In order for unit tests to work on these branches, requirements need to
> be pinned in the same way they are for stable branches (i.e.
> driverfixes/ocata matches stable/ocata's requirements).  Currently, unit
> test jobs on these branches end up using requirements from master.
>
> It is not clear how I can pin requirements on these branches, since they
> aren't recognized as equivalent to stable branches by any of the normal
> tooling used in CI.  I tried manually adding an upper-constraints.txt
> here [1] but this does not result in the correct dependencies being used.
>
> Where do changes need to be made for us to set the
> requirements/upper-constraints correctly for these branches?

> Thanks,
> Eric

You'll want to just update the UPPER_CONSTRAINTS_FILE setting in tox.ini
to point to the one for the relevant stable branch. If the branch no
longer exists, you should be able to refer to the version of the file
using the $release-eol tag instead of the branch name.

Doug